Background and History:
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Yellow Soybeans are known for their ability to tonify qi and blood. They also help to clear heat and eliminate toxins from the body.
- Invigorate the spleen and relieve bloating
- Promote urination and better water balance, reduce fluid retention
- Improve digestive health
Type of ingredient in skincare: Oil/Emollient
Main benefits: Improves moisture retention, reinforces moisture barrier, anti-inflammatory
How it helps our skin:
- Improves moisture retention: Soybean contains Linoleic acid, which is an essential fatty acid which, when used in topical applications, it increases the level of ceramides and creates a natural trans-epidermal barrier that prevents dehydration of the skin.
- Protects + repairs the skin barrier: Soybean oil makes a good carrier oil due to its deep penetration properties. This ensures that smaller molecules with skin-regeneration activity reach both the dermal and epidermal layers of the skin.
- Great for dry/sensitive skin: The unique combination of vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants work together to nourish the skin, lock in moisture, and reduce inflammation.